Tuesday, July 20, 2010

This kid makes me laugh...

We went to the beach after work today to introduce my (future) stepson to the ocean and omg, I could not have prepared myself of the joy I would get from seeing the world through his eyes! He was overwhelmed.... it was so great! He was a "water bender" - apparently a cartoon (and movie) called Avatar introduce this super power ;o) At one point he put up a peace sign and told the waves to calm down he comes in peace rofl...





2nd half totally not PC, but I have to share!

...but the funniest thing happened on the way home - he has the most wild imagination and it leaves us in tears! We were teaching him about Roman gods (yes, we are all about education all the time lol)... so we told him to make up a god and tell us about him.  Well, this god was fighting on planets Jupiter and Ranus (pronounced ouranus) so we had to keep saying it's not Ranus, it's Uranus, which as the 15 year old mentality we have - had us laughing to we cried.  Then said god was begging the other bad gods to stop because Ranus had enough wet beavers thrown at it... and to make matters worse... he then sang an impromptu song about a taco in his pants and he woke up and didn't know how he got a taco in his pants...  Only thing that is redeeming - we never told him why we thought it was so funny ;o)

yes, I am immature and so, so wrong... but sometimes things make me chuckle like a highschool boy - please forgive me ;o)

6 comments:

  1. haha... i also laugh like a teenage boy at these things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have had a good laugh at that too! Funny story.

    Karen @ www.barefootinportland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!!! You are not immature....it is no fun to grow up so why do it! I can see you and D just rolling on the floor!! Glad you had a laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG Kim! How did I miss that story?!
    ROTFLMAO!!!
    kids say the darndest things and they don't even know it :)
    Like it's so hard not to laught when my 2 and 4 y/o say a cus word, because they don't know what they are saying they've just heard dad say it before, but when they get it in the correct context it's pretty hilarious. I just have to tell them "sometimes daddy says bad things and you shouldn't say it because it's not nice"

    Someday you'll have to tell your stepson about his story when he understands why you thought it was so funny :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG.....I have tears running down my face....this is hysterical!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know this if off topic but I'm looking into starting my own weblog and was wondering what all is needed to get setup? I'm assuming having a blog like yours would cost a pretty penny?
    I'm not very web smart so I'm not 100% certain. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
    My web-site :: how to make an app

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some luv!...and thinking my life is interesting enough to do so rofl... hugs