Friday, July 23, 2010

Zucchini everywhere!

Omg, our veggie garden is doing great this year! Here's how much we picked in the past 24 hours from 3 plants!!!



So there are a few new recipes I will be trying this weekend including zucchini butter and soup...  I have tried this zucchini bread recipe and it is SOOOO good! We only took a pic of the wrapped version (douglas helped me wrap up for a neighbor). 


Good 'ol Paula Deen recipe!

Ingredients

  • 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 3 cups sugar
  • 1 cup vegetable oil
  • 4 eggs, beaten
  • 1/3 cup water
  • 2 cups grated zucchini
  • 1 teaspoon lemon juice
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, nutmeg, baking soda, cinnamon and sugar. In a separate bowl, combine oil, eggs, water, zucchini and lemon juice. Mix wet ingredients into dry, add nuts and fold in. Bake in 2 standard loaf pans, sprayed with nonstick spray, for 1 hour, or until a tester comes out clean. Alternately, bake in 5 mini loaf pans for about 45 minutes.


....p.s. Shred your zucchini and measure out 2 cups and put in the freezer - perfect to grab and make bread later on in the year! (yes, they are malformed, rofl... I am not good and placing gently in the freezer, open freezer drawer, toss... open wine)



3 comments:

  1. Your zucchini looks good! GREAT Idea about freezing the zucchini! I used to make zucchini bread all the time....good reminder. I am going to have to try the zucchini butter too!

    Karen @ http://barefootinportland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great! Love it. I have got to try the freezing! We get a CSA and have tons of zucchini!
    http://barefootbysea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea about freezing it now. I used to do that and had forgotten all about it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some luv!...and thinking my life is interesting enough to do so rofl... hugs