I am total OCD hyper-organized in my life - label maker is my bff ;o) Here are a few of my most handy ways to organize...
I keep a business card holder with paint chips and pics of things each room of the house. When you are out shopping and you peep something fantastic, you just pull out your holder and see if it will go!
Another tip is I used to bookmark the heck out of recipes I wanted to try... and that's where they went to die lol... Like a hope chest waiting for me to get married and finally use them rofl... so I decide to save a photo (I'm a visual person) and keep in my Google Picasa with tags (you can search on) and the link to the recipe. Now when I am looking for something to bake, I can look thru the pics and read any notes I have left from the last time too!
p.s. yummy smore's cookies from Sandy's Baking Memories FB today!
hugs!
Kim

Seriously way too organized! I'm not gonna lie, I'm a little jealous as I have all my recipes in various cook books, folders and boxes scattered around my kitchen! The trick is remembering which recipe is in what storage place. Someday I'll work on that system. Not today, but someday....
ReplyDeleteThanks for the mini shout out!
Oh Kim you are super organized! My goodness girl! But that's a really good idea ;)
ReplyDeleteSo get this, my computer caught a virus and I think I broke it trying to get rid of the virus so my laptop is in the shop waiting to be repaired. I am without ALL of my stuff (since it was all saved to my computer) I soo hope they can recover everything or else I'm majorly screwed! So I bet your having a mini panic attack now just thinking about what it would be like if you lost all your computer files right?
Hugs,
Kristina