Saturday, June 12, 2010

Begging to be eaten by a bear...

Short story... trip to WV sucked MAJOR for the most part... long story... read on!


They say tragedy + time = comedy... I am not ready to laugh yet, but here is some of the 20 cent tour of my tramatic birthday gift to my fiance (D) last week.....

I planned a few days in the mountains of WV camping under the stars, cuddling, laughing, playing cards and sharing moments without distraction, a day of kayaking with my love down a quite mountain lake, leisurely hikes, ATVs through mud puddles and over logs while holding tight to my man as I ride tandem and a romantic mountain bike tour of the woods that led down to a secluded beach where we will feed each other snacks and talk about all the fun we are having....

ummmm yeah. That is what I had envisioned... went a little more like this... so humid that gnats and flies were attacking our face with such a fury that I thought I was in a Sally Struthers info-merical for feed the children... after about 2 hours of playing twister with the new tent - red stick left foot right hand green pole... we managed to get the tent up. Soaked, my fiance' looks at me like wow, thanks for the present... we settle in and begin making the best of it - turn on the lantern to begin our night of electronic-less fun and the lantern shines about enough for me to see the glisten of sweat still on D's brow... unable to see, we still make the best of it... fast forward... illegal rave begins on the campgrounds hundreds of people popping pills, dancing, screaming and playing music and chanting over a PA system... 3:30am, that's about when I think we finally fell asleep... 4:30am... oops, need more air in mattress.... 5:20am morning sun and birds... cancel kayak trip, way to tired... get mountain bikes... 3 1/2 miles to the beach he says... over 10 miles later... we give up... it was all downhill to there... that means all UP HILL on the way back. We don't have mountains in DE, nor hills...



mile 2 on the way back, omg, we don't have any more water
mile 3 let's make the most of it,
mile 4 where's the map,
mile 5 should I save my urine in case we are stuck in here forever?,
mile 6 figuring out how many pieces I can ration a pop tart in to figure out how many days we can last in the woods,
mile 7 this is the worst bday present I have ever given someone,
mile 8 should we just wait for rescue crew?
mile 9 is the wedding still going to be on?
mile 10.... STRAIGHT uphill, no not hill, straight up CLIFF... I am just going to lay here and beg to be eaten by a bear....

there's more, but that is all I can share before I need wine...

hugs!

7 comments:

  1. WOW! So sorry....I tried to be really quiet with the pill popping, music, partying and dancing, but apparently we were not quiet enough. Sorry I ruined the romantic getaway:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, what a trip! I feel terrible for saying this...but thanks for laugh! You have reminded me why I chose Hiltons over camping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Kristy... heehee! I KNEW it was your fault! ;o)

    @ Jen, it's ok, if I don't laugh too, I'll cry! We ended up in a cabin the 2nd night and a hotel the 3rd ;o)

    hugs!
    Kim @ Frost Me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg! what a trip gone bad, that all you could do is laugh... the thought was wonderful......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Elisha! He definitely recognized all my thought!

    hugs!
    Kim @ Frost Me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a trip Kim! I loved the story though and think of the memories. Next year, I vote for someplace tropical!
    http://barefootbysea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol Jessica! I think you are right! 4 star hotels all the way!

    hugs!
    Kim @ Frost Me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some luv!...and thinking my life is interesting enough to do so rofl... hugs