Friday, April 9, 2010

Saltines and Geocaching...

First... I ate like half a package of saltines today - my fiance' eats them ALLLL the time and I always think of being sick when I think of saltines... then today I ate one, then two... then stopped myself in half of a sleeve! YUM! So simple, yet so delicious and oh so yummy salty!!!  I love when you rediscover a food in your adult life and have a totally different opinion!

Second... does this happen to you when you go to the craft store for ONE thing?


Ok, it's not SO bad - most of it is from the dollar bins (that makes it justifiable, right?!?)... and more than half are for a future play date for my (future) step-son.  He's 8 and will be here for the summer and I think he and my friend's kids would love a play date going geocaching!

What is geocaching you say - only the best thing ever HELLO!?! (sorry saltines)... Basically there are millions of boxes hidden all around the world including down the street from, I am sure, all of your houses - no really... You go to geocaching.com and put in your address.  Next you need a handheld GPS (the car ones won't be accurate enough to get you close enough)... here's our first model (about $120).  You put in (or download) the longitude and latitude of the hidden cache... then you are off to find it! It's treasure hunting basically - most caches have little things in it for the kids - the rules are leave something, take something. 

We are HUGE geocachers so feel free to ask questions! It's great fun for adults and children, alike - the site tells you how hard it will to find (and how difficult the walk there will be).  I can't wait to give the boys compasses, flashlights and binoculars to take along!

ps. sorry for the long post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving some luv!...and thinking my life is interesting enough to do so rofl... hugs